This is a classic soup, bringing a lot of nutrients and minerals that the body is craving after those cold winter months. The base of this soup is a leek and potato with nettle leaves added in late with the leeks, to keep the nutrient boost and the vibrant green colour.
- Half a bag of nettles, washed (about 200g)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, skinned and diced
- A handful of wild garlic stalks (50g) finely chopped, (or two garlic cloves)
- 2 Leeks, chopped
- Two Celery Sticks, chopped
- One and a half litres vegetable
- A little single cream
- Boil the potatoes and celery for 10 mins in the vegetable stock.
- Fry off the onions, leeks, wild garlic stalks and the nettles for 2 mins.
- Mix the two together and put in a blender, blend until smooth
- Add a swirl of cream in your serving bowl before eating, along with salt and pepper
- Why not add some fried nettle crisps to go on your soup?