The wild berry season will be upon us very shortly and this recipe is perfect because it can be altered dependant on what berries you can get your hand upon. Think raspberries, blackberries, cherries and more:
- 500g mixed wild berries
- 400ml double cream
- 3 crushed meringues
- Wild Cordial
- Use whatever wild berries take your fancy, blackberries, wild strawberries, elderberries and bilberries work well.
- Take half your berries and mush in to a purree, put through a sieve if it has pips.
- Whip the double cream until peaks are formed.
- Mix in you puree, left over whole berries and crushed meringue and fold the mixture together.
- Add 1-4 tbl spoons of a wild cordial or syrup of your choice, elderflower or pine syrup works nicely.
Serve in a glass an enjoy…